Monday, November 3, 2008

Texas Tech Red Raiders #2

First things first ... What up Lynds?

Wow!!!  What a game!!  Texas Tech vs Texas on Saturday was the best college football game, and possibly the best football game I have ever seen.  If you did not get a chance to see it, check out ESPN U, as they have been replaying it all day, and should be replying ti all week.  If you do not have ESPN U, check ESPN Classic tomorrow, Tuesday, November 4, at 6:00 pm CST.

If you plan to watch it, skip to the next paragraph.  This sentence is merely here to allow you to process the thought of skipping a paragraph so that the game is not spoiled for you.  You've been warned, now move it!!!  If you want to watch the video instead of reading my play-by-play, you can scroll down and watch the video of the last few minutes.  Sheesh, can you believe the Longhorns came back and won?  What a heart breaker.  I told you to move it, so move it!!   OK now for the real results of the game.  When UT had the ball on their last drive, I looked at the clock and saw they had 4 minutes and some change.  I don't remember if I verbalized it, but I kept thinking, "either let them score so we have enough time to go down and win the game, or force them to kick a field goal and go for the onside kick.  Tick Tick Tick down to 2 minutes and change.  At this point I figured UT was going to sit on the ball and run it down under 30 seconds before scoring.  THey finally punched it in with what 1:36 left in the game.  I was so upset, but knew that our offense was one of the few that could actually march the length of the field for a score.  Our FG kicking has been sketchy at best this year, so I just knew we would drive down, setup for the FG, and it would be blocked or missed.  WIth about 10 seconds left, Graham Harrell, QB for the Red Raiders, threw a pass that hit his receiver in the hands and bounced into the air and right to a UT defender who dropped the interception almost on cue giving the Red Raiders one more chance.  That was all they needed.  With 8 seconds left Graham threw the ball to Michael Crabtree, who happened to be double covered.  Crabs caught the ball, broke away from the defender and walked into the endzone with 0:01 left in the game.  The crowd rushed the field and eventually earned 2 personal foul penalties which led to the Red Raiders kicking off from the 7.5 yard line.  

You really should watch the game, but if you can't, here is a video of the last 1:30 to 1:40 seconds of the game.  



 I will leave you with a quote from Texas Tech head coach, Mike Leach following the game against the Texas Longhorns:
"When you have fans that are as great as ours, 
sometimes you have to kickoff from the 7 yard line."

3 comments:

Jan Kelley said...

I love your play-by-play. You are really good at it. Honestly. I love Texas Tech and I love Mike Leach. What a statement to make When you have fans like ours, someitmes you have to kick off from the 7.5 yard line. I am so glad you had the opportunity to graduate from Texas Tech. I love it.

Lyndsey said...

Sup Matt! And yes - that was some football game. I missed yesterday's but glad your boys are doing you proud.

Ramona said...

bub,

you need to post a new blog.

just sayin'.