Friday, October 31, 2008

Where you bean?

It seems like it has been a month and a half since my last blog post.  Where were we?  Ah yes, Hurrican Ike ... talk about a small man complex.  He came, he went, we survived.  He was all talk, just blowing wind the whole time he was here.  Sure is nice now that he is gone.

So today is Halloween and Karsen has been in costume all day.  This year he opted for a much more masculine costume.  Last year he was "Tigger the Tiger" and this year he is "Skeleton Man".

Tigger the Tiger
Skeleton Man

Ramona is the complete opposite of my mother when it comes to this "Holiday".  My mother, and I can't say that I blame her, will turn off all of her lights and go into the comforts of her own beyroom to avoid the rush of trick-or-treaters who have never shown up in her neighborhood.  I am beginning to wonder if there is some kind of law in this neighborhood that makes it illegal to trick-or-treat.  On the other hand, Ramona has been talking all day about how she can't wait till the little trick-or-treaters come around to which I reply in my "nice voice", "Buh-bee, you will be waiting for a long time before you see your first trick-or-treater at this house.  I think everyone knows the residents of this neighborhood are all in bed by 6:00 pm and you are just wasting your time walking through this neighborhood."  Next year, Karsen will get to go on his first trick-or-treating adventure.  He would have been able to go this year, but, his parents are both on "diets", and we haven't exactly broken his teeth in with sugar yet.

Speak of the devil, we just had a trick-or-treater.  A little one, smaller than Karsen, dressed as a fairy in her Daddy's arms.  Sorry, no pic.  Maybe next year I will take pictures of all of the gremlins and goblins.

Happy Halloween .. I need to go turn off all of the lights.

2 comments:

Jan Kelley said...

at a doll of a skeleton man. I cant believe you all had a trick or treater. That house has been dark as a tomb ever since i moved there in 2001. I wonder how many you had. Did you all have any candy or did you have to give them a bottle of kethup? I wonder what you gave them. Wish I were there, but then I would have missed this great event up here in newburgh. love you. mother

Ramona said...

i am so pleased that you finally updated this blog. at least we had the one trick or treater that i found. lol.

eye el oh ve ee ewe