Friday, September 12, 2008

I took Aunt Vic's advice and went to the seawall to snap a picture.  To my surprise there was a guy surfing, and the wave also carried a measuring stick that showed just how tall it was.


*Disclaimer: I did not take this picture, but "borrowed" it from the internet.  I don't want anybody trying to claim royalties from my new fancy blog.

Edit: On another note ...

As you all know, I graduated from Texas Tech University and follow Red Raider Football.  I found this picture on a Texas Tech message board that I frequent adn thought I would share it with you all.  It appears Ike's cousin made an appearance.


They are supposed to play football there tomorrow against SMU.  It is Field Turf under the water, so if they can get the water pumped out, it won't be a mud hole.  Looks more like they might hold a swim meet instead.

Edit 2: I just read that the Lubbock Fire Department drove a fire truck or two onto the field and pumped the water off of the field.  They got 10" of rain yesterday.  The game will be played on schedule.  Hopefully we have TV down here after Ike blows through.  If you care to watch, it will be on FSN I believe at 6:00 pm.

4 comments:

Jan Kelley said...

I had heard from my friend who works for the engineering department at Texas Tech tht they had canceled all classes and there was flooding in areas. My mercy. And then you say the eye of Ike is 500 miles wide and that reaches to lubbock, what in the world is in store for them? What do you think? mother

Ramona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anony Mouse said...

I accidently posted a comment under Ramona's name, so I deleted it and reposted.

The LBK probably won't see anything from Ike. The storms reach 250 miles to the west of the eye. Ike is projected to go up I-45, so DFW, East Teas, Western Louisiana, and so on will get some rain. They said 200 miles east of I-45 and 150 miles west of I-45 will get wind.

Anonymous said...

watched our alma mater whip up on SMU last night,. Did you get to see it? Dana