Friday, September 12, 2008

It Sure is Humid

Earlier it was like a humid day in Lubbock.  Felt like about 80-90% humidity with about a 20 mph breeze.  The breeze is constant, but it is not as strong, but the humidity is still here.  

I just got back from Tomball (20-30 min one way).  Ramona got a hot tip that they had some gas cans, but I think they were confused about what a gas can was, because when I got there, there were no gas cans.  However, they did have about 7 gas tanks for boats.  I thought about buying one, and siphoning out of it, but they were only 3 gallons and I saw they were $20 a pop.  If i owned a boat that needed a 3 gallon gas tank, I might have bought one, but I decided I would save my $20 and spend it on something more beneficial ... maybe lottery tickets (kidding).

I took a few pictures for your viewing pleasure and will update with more frequency.  


I couldn't find my bull whip, so that stick is going to have to do.
Thank goodness I have Karsen to protect me and he has "the stick"
Neighbor's Palm trees.  We will see if they know how to survive better than the native Pine trees.
A group of native trees
Another group of trees.

When the wind picks up, I plan on taking some videos and trying to get them on here.

We know get you back to your regularly scheduled programming.



5 comments:

Brooks Inc. said...

I love this blog! So great to see pictures and get updates. I laughed out loud at your posting name as well. Great Job Anony Mouse.

I will be checking back often.

Love you all and have been praying you are safe every step of the way!

Becky

Becky

vicki said...

Ooh, video!! Neato, and I can hardly wait. The stills are pretty cool though. I could sense Ike's fear when he saw that stick.

Thanks for the 24/7 up to the minute coverage. Just doesn't get any better than this!

Jan Kelley said...

i am still laughing at you in the lawn chair with your cowboy hat and the stick and especially the great picture of little Karsen with the stick. Now that is the way a real man would respond. What a man you are. mother

Unknown said...

Very cool blog.
Two of my favorite stars in pics.
Hang on tight for the ride tonight, as Ike is gonna be rougher than we thought.

I heard they're telling folks that haven't heeded the mandatory evacuation orders to write their social security number on their arms so their body can be identified later.

Keep Karsen away from the windows, please!!!!

with love,
Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Good hearing from you tonight. loved the photo of the surfer! keep Karsen safe. He will protect you witht the stick.You look good in the cowboy hat! Keeping you in our prayers. Dana