Saturday, September 13, 2008

Wind is picking up some more.  Galveston is entering the eye and they had gusts of 120 mph.  I missed the sustained winds in Galveston.  Brennan's Restaurant in Houston caught on fire and burnt to the ground.  They believe it was a transformer that started the fire.  I just heard another transformer blow out here.  I heard one to the South about an hour ago and this one was to the North.  Ramona and Karsen are sleeping like babies, while I keep watch.  It's more of a not wanting to miss something, but once we lose power, I will probably just lay down and try to catch some sleep.  Our power finally flashed for the first time about 30 minutes ago, but was only out for about 5 seconds.  Pretty good gust just now.  You can hear it blowing over the chimney.  I will post later if we still have power, but I want to get his posted so ya'll know we are still OK at 1:21 am.

2 comments:

Jan Kelley said...

Brennans is a landmark in houston, Many family evnents hae bbeen marked with lunch, brunch or dinner at Brennan's. Thisis really sad. That place had an ambiance like no other. Oh, well, Ike will always be remembered in Houston. Of course, i am writing this on saturday morning, and i am praying you all contine to be fine. I am glad Ramona and Karsen are able to sleep soundly. Take care, my son. You are so loved.

Anonymous said...

You are your family's hero! Karsen and Ramona sleeping while you stand watch, sweet knight!
So sorry about Brennan's. Sad!Been watching tv and the talk about Kemah. We had had a good time there with Grandma, Karen, Kortni,and Aunt Kathy. Good memories. Hope you are able to get rest today. Love you, Dana